- "Whoop! Huh-ha, look out!"
- ―Candyman, when using his Special
Blaze Bio[edit | edit source]
Candyman is a candy tap-dancing dandy with a big yellow head. He hits the ball with his cane and he has a special ability to change the chemical composition of certain objects to give them strange and odd properties due to his mutation. He’s jazzy, expressive and crazy. Always enjoying himself too.
Mobility[edit | edit source]
Candyman's special movement ability is slightly less advanced than the other characters. Rather than activating some method of reaching the top of the stage, his jumps are naturally higher than the other characters. This consequently limits his ability to short-hop.
In Blaze, Candyman gains the ability to teleport by running towards a wall and inputting crouch before hitting it, causing him to reappear on the opposite side of the stage.
Special Attack[edit | edit source]
Candyman's Special changes the properties of the ball for a brief period of time, allowing it to phase through walls by pressing melee during hitlag. If it hits a wall it will show up on the other wall, if it hits the floor/ceiling it will go to the opposite side. If Candy hits the ball while it can still teleport the special move is drawn out longer (doesn't require more meter) which could be used to further manipulate the ball and allow it to continue to pass through walls. It should also be noted that when Candyman hits his own candyball, it will result in significantly shorter hitlag while still only giving him one bar of super meter per hit. It is possible that the Candyman can keep his special going forever, as long as he continues to hit the ball.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While a Candyman can be used to describe someone who sells actual candy, it is also slang for someone who is a drug dealer.
- Relating to this, Candyman's mutation could be from drug use, but this hasn't been proven.
- Candyman wears a Bowler Hat, a fashion accessory popularized by the British and in areas of the world colonized by the British, in the Victoria era. In the 20th and 21st century, it regained popularity due to many British celebrities publicly wearing Bowler Hats, with movie villains such as Oddjob from the James Bond film Goldfinger using a bowler hat as a weapon. However, Candyman's bowler hat is completely visual, and cannot be used as a weapon.
- In a Christmas update, Candyman is shown wearing a Santa-like costume. He dons a red Santa Hat and Green suit. Yet, his cane retains its normal appearance.
- Game dev Dion stated that his design was partially inspired by an episode of Black Dynamite "Trouble on Puppet Street".
- His birthday is on June 11.
- The voice actor is the original creator of the 2008 meme, "Trollface".
Voice Clips from Blaze[edit | edit source]
"DAH! DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!"
"Have a jawbreaker!"
"Whoop! Huh-ha, look out!"