Lethal League is an indie fighting game developed by Team Reptile. It was released on Steam on August 27, 2014.
A sequel, Lethal League Blaze, was released on October 24, 2018.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Unlike other fighting games, Lethal League focuses on hitting a ball into your opponent. This goal is achieved by using a combination of hits, bunts, parries, specials, and more.
The Fundamentals[edit | edit source]
Hit[edit | edit source]
Hitting the ball allows your character to become invulnerable to the ball while simultaneously making you opponents vulnerable. There a number of ways to hit the ball.
- Neutral Hit: performed by pressing hit without inputting any directions. Also can be done in the air.
- Smash Hit: performed by holding forward in the air and inputting hit.
- Angled Hit: performed by holding up or down while doing neutral hit.
- Special Hit: performed by inputting a special move. Special Hits can affect the ball in numerous ways, depending on the character.
Bunt[edit | edit source]
Bunting the ball reduces its momentum to a near halt. By hitting the bunt button next to the ball, the ball will glows purple and be knocked up. This is useful for stopping a speeding ball. You can also bunt the ball down and even to the sides by holding their respective directions.
Hitlag[edit | edit source]
Hitlag is a term used to describe the amount of time between the ball being hit and the ball gaining its momentum.
Parry[edit | edit source]
Parrying is a technique that allows characters to counter hits. You can perform this action by pressing bunt while in hitlag. If your opponent tries to hit or bunt the ball while you are parrying, they will be stunned and, if the ball is at a high speed, will likely be hit by the ball.
Special[edit | edit source]
Specials are hits that are unique to each character. These hits affect the ball in different ways, ranging from stalling it for some time to sending the ball in specific angles.
Characters[edit | edit source]
There are 7 playable characters in Lethal League, one of them being a secret character only playable via a cheat code.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Beta Testers of Lethal League have a gold ball next to their name in-game.